Alternative Print Programme
AOP rewards eco-reflexes in its Alternative Print Programme
The Alternative Print Programme underlines four eco-reflexes aimed at changing established habits, as part of a true sustainable development policy.
- To reduce waste and our impact on the environment: encourage the use of remanufactured cartridges bearing the NF environment label and/or the Nordic Ecolabel, and promote the use of recycled and recyclable packaging
- To produce more cleanly: acquire ISO 14001 certification for all our production sites and promote responsible purchasing by raising suppliers' awareness of the sustainable development approach
- To practice responsible collection of used cartridges: offer our customers an eco-responsible solution for the management of end-of-life cartridges
- To assure 100% ecological processing of end-of-life cartridges: to recycle all the components that make a cartridge, reusing waste by fully dismantling the cartridges – a process guaranteed by the material balance (the input weight of the cartridges must be equal to each output weight after dismantling). This is what we call the "No Waste Solution" programme.
A 5-step, 100% ecological process
- Sorting of cartridges by make and model
- Separation of materials, by specialist operators
- 100% safe vacuum suction and cleaning of toner powders
- Preparation of the various separated components and materials
- Storage and dispatch to specialized recycling channels: plastic, aluminium, iron, toner, etc.